We are looking for a Lead Engineer with 10+ years of software development experience in the area of health information technology and commercial product development. The applicant will work as part of a senior engineering team responsible for developing commercial grade Java middleware and SOA solutions for medical applications and enterprise-ready clinical decision support systems. He or she will be responsible for implementing the engineering best practices required to produce and deploy high quality products, and will work for and with the Product Manager to ensure engineering alignment with functional and technical requirements. The applicant will be responsible for directing the design, implementation, testing and maintenance of products as assigned, ensuring that they are consistent with the Company’s architectural roadmap, product development strategy, and quality standards.
- Directing all technical aspects of Product Team activities.
- Assisting in code development, testing, and deployment of the product as required.
- Apply best practice development methodologies to the design, implementation and testing of a standards-based knowledge management platform, its artifacts and services.
- Participate in collaborative meetings with Cognitive’s Clinical Informatics Directorate and the Research and Development Team to coordinate both short and long term activities between the groups.
- Responsible for independently researching, analyzing, and implementing best-practice engineering methodologies and processes for our commercial products.
- Ensure that product engineering remains consistent with the Company’s architectural roadmap and product development strategy.
- Mentoring more junior engineers and assisting in problem solving.
- Meeting with customers and developing deployment/sustainment plans.
- Some limited travel to academic or professional conferences and customer sites will be required.
- Demonstrated prior experience and ability as a Lead Engineer providing engineering leadership for a production engineering team.
- Demonstrated understanding of design patterns and ability to apply them in the appropriate context.
- Experience with use of UML artifacts preferred.
- Demonstrated engineering expertise and knowledge of:
- SOA, ESBs and Cloud architecture concepts, XML and XML-related technologies (e.g. xPath, Saxon, JAXB, etc.)
- SQL/JDBC and other database technologies such as Mongo, Hadoop
- Unit testing frameworks including JUnit, EasyMock, Mockito
- Familiarity with Selenium, Rest Assured or other similar automation test framework.
- Business workflow and rules engineering platforms, preferably jBPM and Drools
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of Health Information Technology standards, including, but not limited to the following:
- HL7 V2 / V3 Reference Information Models
- HL7 FHIR and STU3 resources
- HL7 Knowledge Artifact Specification
- HL7 Security Labeling Service and Privacy, Access and Security Services (PASS)
- HL7 Decision Support Service
- SNOMed CT
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with build tools such as Jenkins, Crucible, and Maven.
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.