We are seeking a Proposal Manager reporting directly to the President. This position will work closely with business development, product lines and leadership teams to manage the proposal development process and to ensure on-time delivery of compelling, compliant, and well-written proposals.
- Execute proposal management responsibilities using best practices, business winning methodologies, established tools, procedures, templates and corporate discipline
- Direct proposal kickoff and debrief meetings, as well as prepare detailed proposal plans, schedules, outlines, and compliance matrices for all phases of proposal development and production
- Monitor proposal content to ensure compliance to RFP requirements, evaluation criteria, and technical requirements
- Responsible for development of proposal including budget, content and quality of the product.
- Represents the organization as the primary proposal contact.
- Manage and monitor project schedule, timelines, and milestones from initiation to delivery to meet RFP requirements.
- Participates in cost and contractual input; identifies issues and recommends solutions to unusually complex technical issues.
- Develops and submits pre-proposal and proposal related submissions (Requests for information, Sources Sought, etc.) as well as recommending the layout of the proposal.
- Administer and execute policies, processes, and procedures that impact the assigned project.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and may present results to management team and/or management.
- Collaborate across management and project team to expand services and potential business opportunities.
- Documents findings, communicates results to proposal or management staff and makes technical presentations as required.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- File, manage and update as needed proposal resources (RFIs, old proposals, past performances, logos, company blurbs) in knowledge management library
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or a related discipline
- Must be US Citizen
- Have 8+ years of work experience managing large, complex proposals
- Previous work experience with Government contracts and information technology
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal procurement regulations and practices (including FAR and DFAR)
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational and time management skills
- Experience working with business development/sales, and business capture teams
- Must possess proven experience developing proposals to include formulating budgets, content, quality, project schedules, etc.
- Strongly prefer experience in software development, engineering or DoD environments
- Must have a thorough understanding of project management processes and procedures, planning and scheduling methods, and budget management as well as the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones and budgets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, to include business and technical writing and editing
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities, stringent deadlines, last minute requirements, and frequent evening/weekend hours to accomplish tasks within non-negotiable client deadlines
Need To Have:
- Desktop publishing (expert at using Microsoft Word)
- Market knowledge (Vendors and government agencies in Federal medical arena)
- Ability to engage in capture, strategy sessions around opportunities
- Federal Government procurement response experience
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.