The Vice President of Operations reports to the Chief Executive Officer, working closely with the Executive Team and other senior leaders to execute the Company’s high growth strategy. S/he leads the Corporate Operations function overseeing the company’s project/program management, customer relationship management, contract negotiations, legal agreements, financial planning, financial reporting, long-range forecasting and budgeting functions, as well as other special projects. Key deliverables include monthly budget vs. actual, project profit and loss statements, estimates to complete (ETCs), development and reporting of KPIs that track and monitor progress of the business, monthly/quarterly forecasting, and other key company initiatives.
- Overseeing, monitoring, and evaluating the Company’s operational performance by developing and tracking key metrics.
- Identifying and monitor significant business trends and variances to plan in revenue, expenses, headcount, capital, balance sheet and cash flow items.
- Directing the preparation of operating budgets and proposals for capital expenditure and investments in infrastructure, technology, equipment, systems, or other assets and resources.
- Monitoring the Company’s regulatory, industry specific and fiscal environment to identify risks and opportunities.
- Analyzing and evaluating price/cost proposals for new procurements.
- Leading contract negotiations, legal review of contracts/intellectual property agreements, leases, etc.
- Developing and monitoring a system of internal controls consistent with contractual requirements and prudent management objectives.
- Ensuring DCAA compliant accounting practices to include identification and accumulation of direct costs, allocation of indirect costs, pricing, labor rates, timekeeping, etc.
- Ensuring compliance related to IRS reporting, unrelated business income tax reporting, payroll (including foreign nationals), sales and use, and property taxes.
- Compliance requirements encompass the Company and its 401(k) plans, health and other benefit plans.
- Establishing and implementing strategies that have mid to long-term (3 -5 years) impact on business results in alignment with organization objectives.
- Leading the annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecasting processes, including assisting in the development of corporate targets and gaining alignment with the Executive Team.
- Preparing all financial reporting for the Board of Directors, executive management and investors.
- Leading multiple teams of lower level executives, directors/senior managers, and managers.
- Ensuring that customers are satisfied and referenceable and resolve customer problems/issues if/when they come up.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or similar field.
- Fifteen (15) or more years of functional experience in a senior operations role with expanding scope.
- Ten (10) or more years of leadership experience.
- Ten (10) or more years working with government contracts.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with senior executives and department heads as a trusted and objective advisor.
- Ability to motivate change and results by maneuvering through formal and informal organization channels as needed.
- Strong financial, mathematical, modeling and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare long-range forecasts, annual budgets, and short- term plans.
- Ability to effectively communicate analytical findings/recommendations/models, both verbally and in written form to senior management in a professional, concise, and direct manner.
- Ability to research and identify problems, develop proposals, conduct analysis independently and in collaborative with others.
- Ability to manage numerous competing priorities.
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.