- Elicit, elaborate, and document functional and non-functional requirements for a Software as a Service (SaaS) Customer Experience (CX) product
- Document Themes, Epic Stories, User Stories, Tasks, Technical Stories, and other artifacts as required by VA software development policies. Ensure that all User Stories are independent, negotiable, valuable, estimable, sized appropriately, and testable.
- Develop test cases and test scripts for a Software as a Service (SaaS) Customer Experience (CX) product to contract and government compliance standards
- Perform testing using test cases and scripts to validate product releases and associated functionality meet all requirements and specifications
- Aid in coordinating and facilitating requirements development sessions between customers, business representatives, subject matter experts, stakeholders, and other contributors as necessary.
- Record and maintain requirements and traceability from initial requirements development through the completion of testing and defect resolution in a project JIRA repository instance and other documentation as required by VA software development policies
- Document business change requests received using the VA’s JIRA instance and follow Change Request processes as established by the customer and contract team
- Bachelor’s Degree 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- 1+ years of work experience relevant to the provided job description (eliciting, elaborating, and maintaining traceability of requirements for an IT product, which they may also describe as developing user stories in Agile parlance)
- Experience with requirements development in a SaaS environment
- Experience with JIRA
- Must be able to successfully undergo a Veterans Affairs Minimum Security Investigation (VA MBI)
- Must be able to work between 9am-5pm ET.
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected.