Functional Role: Hyperion Systems Administrator
Hyperion Systems Administrator(Developer LCAT) required to support US Department of Veterans Affairs, Consolidated Corporate Support Services (CCSS) program and deliver a wide range of systems administration and technical support for VA’s Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) Platform across several environments and address the corrective, preventative, adaptive, and perfective support needs of several complex mission-critical web applications. This effort includes administration of the current legacy financial management operating infrastructure and software assets that support the VA’s mission-critical Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) ecosystem named, Management Information Exchange (MinX), along with administration of MinX interfaces and data feeds. FMS processing and are reporting provided by a highly-configured version of American Management System’s (AMS) Federal Financial System (FFS).
- Manage the day-to-day technical administration of the Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) Platform
- Ensure compliance with appropriate Federal and contractual policies, procedures, and controls within Oracle Hyperion HFM and related processes; oversee timely support and issue resolution, most critically during the accounting closed and financial planning cycles; maintain outlines, metadata, business rules, scripts, and other objects within Oracle Hyperion HFM as business requirements change and migrate objects across environments; apply patches to the Hyperion application
- Assist in the analysis, design, and development of new reports and system enhancements; and create and maintain Oracle Hyperion HFM interfaces and automation.
- Become familiar with all aspects of the application, including reports, parameters, business functions, intake, testing, and deployment processes, and interface controls and programming.
- Establish experience of the business to identify enhancement and efficiency opportunities to the HFM technology suite and proactively take the steps necessary to see them through to Production.
- Manage operations and end-user support of Hyperion FMS 11.2x platform: HFM, FDMEE, and Financial Reports.
- Ensure smooth month-end, quarterly and annual close, consolidation, reporting, and forecast/budget cycles through close partnership with Finance and IT business partners.
- Observe and monitor the operational performance of assigned applications and proactively maintain nominal operational effectiveness.
- Perform appropriate maintenance activities for all Finance system solutions including managing data hierarchies.
- Monitor and manage data integration feeds and processing activities and resolve issues in different environments.
- Provide primary technical support and take responsibility for on-call support, research & development, and technical assistance. While on-call, the incumbent must have the ability to receive calls and text messages after hours and on weekends.
- Take the lead in business continuity and disaster recovery for the Hyperion environments, including disaster recovery testing, data backups and recover, and updating/maintaining disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Take the lead in supporting analysis and recommendations to migrate HFM to the cloud.
- Prepare documentation for assigned projects and complete the paperwork necessary to release the project.
- Support integrated releases and production deployments.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Accounting Information System, or engineering or technically related field, preferred.
- 8 Years’ experience
- Experience or understanding Hyperion product migration methods and technologies.
- Experience with Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL databases.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g., code reviews, design documentation, unit testing).
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux/Windows environment
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with SharePoint, ServiceNow, JIRA or similar
- Hyperion Financial Management, Hyperion Financial Reporting, Hyperion Workspace, Hyperion Performance Architect, Hyperion Performance Management, Hyperion Production Reporting (SQR)
- OBIEE, OAS, Oracle Reports. SmartView, Visual Explorer
- Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Ability to conduct independent research to lead or support the resolution of complex questions and issues.
- Demonstrable personal accomplishments and experience (5+ years) with performing Oracle Hyperion Financial Management systems administration.
- Experience developing and maintaining HFM objects including Web forms, business rules, member lists, data grids, journal entry and task flows
- Experience managing and troubleshooting data integration issues through research and troubleshooting designed to rapidly address issues
- Writing HFM business rules using VBScript and developing custom automation processes using PowerShell script/Unit Shell script
- Generating Task and Data Audit reports out of the HFM and ensuring adherence to audit controls and providing evidence in audit walkthroughs
- 3 years’ experience with operational financial reporting, budgeting and/or planning experience, preferably with Federal Financial Management Improvement Act compliant accounting systems
- Experience performing preventive and perfective administration activities including database backups; recovery; optimization and performance tuning
- Demonstrable personal accomplishments and experience (5+ years) with using open-source tools and projects
- Have previous experience of FDMEE (Oracle Financial Data Management Enterprise Edition)
- Have previous administrator experience on Oracle Hyperion (Oracle Enterprise Performance Management, aka EPM)
- Hyperion/FMS Business administration include Metadata maintenance, Deployment of application, adding new entities, maintaining Hierarchies and Managing and approving user access
- Hyperion/FMS creation of data forms, data grids, process management, task workflows, journal entry, and consolidation
- Strong Analytical Skill for Data Transformation, Data Extraction, and Data Loading (ETL).
- Have previous experience with GTAS and government accounting
- Ability to lead new development and maintain existing Hyperion Financial Management Applications and customizations.
- Working knowledge of Data Relationship Manager (DRM)
- Knowledge of general ledger systems
- Ability to interface with IT and business users to quickly correct problems and develop solutions