Position Title: Senior Developer, Data Warehouse
Team Cognitive is seeking a Senior Developer to fill a technical software development role across one (or more) VA Corporate Product Lines on the VA T4NG Consolidated Corporate Support Services (CCSS) program serving our Department of Veterans Affairs Corporate Portfolio clients across the entire U.S.
The VA is in the beginning stages of standing up a data warehouse. The initial phase of work includes bringing in HR, staffing, and payroll data, and building dashboards and self-service reports.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
- Conducts product-level and code-level analysis, and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of VA legacy and modernization tools and systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. End product may be special use, customized, or COTS/GOTS software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with client objectives.
- Complete end-to-end data warehouse implementation in the AWS or Azure cloud
- Strong experience working with AWS Services – Redshift, Glue, Oracle RDS and S3
- Solid knowledge and understanding of relational databases, data warehousing design and ETL/ELT technologies
- Experience developing ETL solutions in support of data warehouse systems
- Experience developing solutions using the tools
- Columnar databases, structured and unstructured data
- Spark / PySpark
- Python or Scala
- Unix and Bash scripting
- Oracle databases, PL/SQL
- Data modeling and performance tuning experience
- Strong work ethic with ability to self-manage workload and deliverables under tight deadlines
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience working on multiple data warehouse projects
Education, Experience and Clearance:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years or more experience, 13 years of relevant experience, – OR –
- Masters and three (3) years or more experience
- Ability to obtain a VA Position of Public Trust – Medium Background Investigation (MBI)